The Salvation Army Southern Territorial Band Visits the TN Valley!
The Southern Territorial Band of The Salvation Army is embarking on a tour of the Great Smoky Mountains on October 17-20, 2013. The band will be sharing in concert with two wonderful brass bands from Rome, GA, and Chattanooga, TN, and will be playing in our local area at Rome, GA, Crossville, TN, Cleveland, TN and Chattanooga, TN.
The Concert Schedule is as follows:
October 17, 2013
• Open Rehearsal at the Ford Auditorium at Berry College – 1:00 pm
• Concert At Fellowship Baptist Church of Rome, GA – 7:00 pm
October 18, 2013
• Concert at United Methodist Church of Fairfield Glade, TN – 3:00 pm
• Concert at United Methodist Church of Fairfield Glade, TN – 7:00 pm
October 19, 2013
• Concert at the TN Aquarium Plaza – 12:00 pm
• Concert at Westmore Church of God of Cleveland, TN – 7:00 pm
October 20, 2013
• Worship at 1st Baptist Church of Chattanooga, TN – 10:30 am
The USA Southern Territorial Band has been closely linked with the history of The Salvation Army in the Southland for eighty-six years. The Southern Territorial Band unites a geographically diverse territory made up of 15 states from Florida, north to Maryland and West Virginia, and west to Texas, Arkansas, and Oklahoma. Members, who travel hundreds of miles to meet together for rehearsals and territorial events only three or four times per year, are Salvation Army officers and soldiers currently serving each week as music and arts ministry leaders in their own local Salvation Army churches. A high caliber of musicianship and a strong motivation for an effective music and arts ministry of worship are hallmarks of these men and women.
Please visit www.southernterritorialband.com/on-tour for up-to-date information on the tour and location information.