The Tennessee Valley has an Outbreak of Secret Santa Fever!
A “Secret Santa” strikes again in the Tennessee Valley. This time a donation of 25 one hundred dollar bills was found in a Ringgold, GA red kettle. This marks the fifth donation of one hundred dollar bills. Listed are the larger donations made to The Salvation Army Red Kettles in the Tennessee Valley:
- On Nov. 29th, 37 one hundred dollar bills in a Ft. Oglethorpe, GA red kettle.
- On Dec. 3rd, 10 one hundred dollar bills in a Cleveland, TN red kettle.
- On Dec. 4th, 48 one hundred dollar bills in a Ft. Oglethorpe, GA red kettle.
- On Dec. 6th , 9 one hundred dollar bills in a Chattanooga, TN red kettle.
- On Dec. 11th, 25 one hundred dollar bills in a Ringgold, GA, kettle.
“What extraordinary examples of generosity!” says Major Algerome Newsome, The Salvation Army Area Commander. “It is an incredible blessing to have just one Secret Santa visit our red kettles, but to have five in one season has left us amazed!” Major Newsome goes on to say the money collected helps The Salvation Army meet the increased demands of service during the Christmas Season and the New Year.
To date the local Salvation Army has raised $271,393.64 which is 68% of its $400,000.00 goal in the red kettle campaign. There are still eleven days left of bell ringing and volunteers can still sign up to ring. Volunteers can sign up by visiting http://www.csarmy.org.
Monetary donations are still needed to assist with this year’s increase in Christmas needs. Donations can be made by visiting one of the Red Kettles around town, by visiting www.csarmy.org, by calling 1-800-Sal-Army or mailing your check to 822 McCallie Avenue, Chattanooga, TN 37403.